- Java is very simeple, high-level, secured, multithreded, plateform independent, object-oriented programming language. It was developed by James Gosling in SUN Microsystem in 1990’s for developing internet applications. its first version in January 23, 1996.
It is descendent of C, C++ programming languages. it syntax is similar to C and C++, but it omits many of the feature that make C and C++ complex and unsafe.
- To support internet application development Java Programming has below features.
- Architecture neutral
- Object Oriented
Technology used in programming language
- Secure code – Developer writtten program. it is written according to the programming language syntax.
- Compiled code – Compiler generated program the is converted from source code to.
- Compiler – it is a translation program that converts source code into machine language at onece.
- Interpreter – it is a transalation program that converts source code into machine language but line by line.
- Executable Code – OS understandble readily executable program (.exe file)
- Compilation – it is a process of trnasalating source code into compiled code.
- Execution – it is a process of running compiled code to get output.