Hi Guys Before jumping to the acceptance testing first we will discuss about manual testing and automation testing.
Manual Testing performed by human sitting in front of computer carefully executing the test steps.
Automation Testing means using an automation testing tool to execute your test case suite.
The automation software can also enter test data to the system and it will compare the expected and actual result.
The goal of automation testing is to reduce number of test cases to be run manually
Why Automation Testing is required-
Automation Testing is important due to following reasons;
1. In Manual Testing all workflow, all fields, all negative scenario is time consuming and costly.
2. Automation does not require human
3. You can run automation test unattended.
4. Automation increase speed of test execution
5. Manual testing can become boaring and error prone.
Which test case we have to automate-
1. Test cases that are executed repeatedly.
2. Test cases that are very difficult to perform manually.
3. Test cases which are time consuming.
Which test case we should not include in automation testing-
1. Test cases which are newly designed and not executed manually atleast once.
2. Test cases for which requirement is changing frequently.
3. Test cases which are executed on ad-hoc basis.
QuickTest Professional (QTP), an automated functional testing tool that helps testers to perform automated regression testing in order to identify any gaps, errors/defects in contrary to the actual/desired results of the application under test.
It is IBM tool used to automate regression, functional and configuration tests.
It is open source web automation tool.