ACS Full Form-
ACS Full Form is American Chemical Society. It is the world’s largest scientific society and also a source of scientific information. It is in the forefront of the chemistry enterprise that is global and a specialist home for chemists and related professionals . It’s based in the USA and its president is Allison A. Campbell.
ACS is a visionary and dynamic organization which intends to improve people?s lives. Its job is to advance the chemistry enterprise and its professionals for the benefit of Earth and individuals.
What ACS Can
- Publishes scientific journals and databases
- Convenes major research conferences
- Provides educational and career programs in chemistry
- Provides grants for research in oil and related areas
- Educates the general public policy makers and general public about the importance of chemistry
- Sponsors Numerous international activities such as joint conferences with chemical societies
In the United States, it has 185 local sections which allow members to :
- Join with chemists and related professionals within their geographical area
- Boost their professional growth by engaging in programs in their town or city
- Boost the public Comprehension of chemistry within their own communities
In the federal level, the Society enables members to participate in 33 specialty branches such as food and agriculture, industrial and engineering chemistry etc.. Members are helped by these divisions :
- Become aware of latest developments in their own areas of expertise
- Monitor growth in similar areas and community with colleagues
- Contribute to the growth and recognition of their scientific field
It represents its global membership and more than 140 countries exceeds 24,000. Around 60% content published in ACS journals and approximately 50 percent of the material originates outside the USA.(Read Also : AD Full Form)
- Project SEED : it’s an education program of ACS that provides brilliant but economically disadvantaged high school students a chance to expand their education and career outlook.
- ACS Scholars Application : It is a scholarship program which provides scholarships and assistance to minority students who want to earn a degree in chemistry or related fields.
- Advancing Chemistry Teaching : This program is designed for the professional development of science teachers. It helps instructor present chemistry in the classroom at a better way.
- Green Chemistry Education and Outreach : it’s an start of ACS to execute the green chemistry and engineering principles to all facets of the chemical business.