What is ACC Full Form-
ACC full form is Associated Cement Companies. ACC limited formerly known as the Associated Cement Companies (ACC). It is the leading manufacturer of cement and ready-mixed concrete in India. Its headquarters is located on the Maharishi Karve Road, Mumbai that is known as Cement House.
It’s around 60 plants, 17 state-of-the-art cement mills, and a vast distribution network and sales offices. Since its inception, it has been a trendsetter and famous benchmark in concrete and cement technology. As of October 2017, Mr. Neeraj Akhoury is the MD & CEO of ACC limited.
Vision : To be among the reputed firms in India known for hard conventions and delivering on our promises(Read Also : ACS Full Form)
- Portland cement
- Premium cement
- Bulk cement
- Ready Mixed Concrete
- Ready Mixed Concrete Value Added Products
- ACC Ltd was incepted as The Associated Cement Companies Ltd in August 1936 from the merger of ten present cement firms.
- In 1944, it established India’s first entirely indigenous cement plant in Chaibasa at Bihar.
- In 1956, it set up a bulk cement depot at Okhla in New Delhi.
- In 1965, it created Central Research Station in Thane.
- In 1973, it obtained the Cement Advertising and Marketing Company of India.
- In 1978, it introduced precalcinator technology for the first time in India.
- In 1982, it commissioned its first 1 MPTA plant at Wadi in Karnataka. Through a joint venture together with Govt, it established Bulk Cement Corporation of India At the exact same year. of India.
- The house of TATA was associated with the company till 1999. It offered its 7.2% stake in the ACC to Ambuja Cement Hodings Ltd in 1999 along with the remaining stake to Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd..
- In 2003, IDCOL Cement Ltd became a subsidiary of this company that was renamed Bargarh Cement Ltd in 2004.
- In 2004, it was known as Consumer Superbrand by the Superbrands Council of India.
- In 2006, Damodhar Cement & Slag Ltd, Bargarh Cement Ltd and Tarmac (India) Ltd merged with the Organization and Associated Cement Companies Ltd has been renamed ACC Ltd with effect from September 1, 2006.
- In 2008, its concrete business was hived off to a new subsidiary called ACC Concrete Ltd..
- On July 7, 2008, it created ACC Cement Technology Institute in Jamul.
- In September 2009, it installed a coal washery in Jamul.
- In 2010, it mimicked the 2.5 MW wind mill project in Maharashtra.
- In 2011, it obtained the ISO 9001 – 2008 certificate from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) AS Certification Services.
- 2010 : It entered its platinum jubilee year and became the very first company in the cement sector to achieve this status. In this year, in addition, it received the FICCI Award for 2009-10.
- 2011 : It installed world’s biggest kiln in ACC Cement Plant in Karnataka having a capacity of 12,500 tonnes every day.
- 2012 : ACC introduced M-100 grade concrete to the construction of high-intensity towers. It also became the initial cement business in India to introduce the usage of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) and GPS to improve turnaround period of trucks.
- 2013 : ACC won CII-ITC Sustainability Prize and Ranked as Most Admired Business of India from the cement Industry by Fortune India and Hay Group India.
- 2014 : It established Waste Heat Recovery System (WHRS) at Gagal, an important step towards energy conservation.
- 2015 : It created two waste pre-processing plants in Wadi and Kymore to improve the use of industrial waste.
- 2016 : ACC received the Silver Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2014 from the ICAI.
- 2017 : ACC won the“Silver Award” for excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2015 from the ICAI.